THEO JANSEN

Theo Jansen from Lorenzo Mendoza on Vimeo.


I attended Day 2 of the AGIdeas Design Conference today. It's been slightly dissapointing as it feels much more student focused than industry focused, but there's been some real highlights. So far, a talk this morning by Theo Jansen WOW'd me like I haven't been WOW'd in a while. This humble genius shared his knowledge and passion for his kinetic sculptures with us, the audience in the palm of his hand. As he spoke about his philosophies and methodologies behind his marriage of Art and Engineering, I felt as if I was in the presence of someone truly great. I've no doubt this guy will be in the history books in centuries time for these innovations. I'd recommend the clip I've posted, and also getting to see him if ever you get the chance.