Sunday night with connector pens


The ultra-chilly winter days seem to be coming to a close, so I spent Sunday night snuggled up on the couch with some textas and a big blankey, while fueling my current fascination with the FLDS Church and it's Polygamist ways (CRAZY shit!!) by watching nearly the entire series of Big Love. I've also just read Escape (written by Carolyn Jessop - ex FLDS) and am about to embark on The Nineteenth Wife. I just can't get my head around how these communities form in the first place and how women agree to be so submissive to their husband for the sake of their religious beliefs. Old guys marrying young girls, teenage sons being abandoned before they become competition to the old guys, domestic violence, blind faith, brainwashing... I'm dually fascinated and appalled . I did this drawing while taking it all in.