RIP my little girl



It has been the saddest hours I've had in a long time these past few days. Our little kitten Yuki wasn't walking properly, resulting in a trip to the vet which produced the pictured x-ray. The x-ray is a side view of Yuki's torso. We discovered she had a congenital malformation called Hyper-Lordosis, basically her spine was dipping down and crushing her heart and lungs. The more she grew the worse this was becoming. Dave and I spent an agonising day weighing up the options and in the end there was no option but to put Yuki to sleep. She would have ended up crippled and unable to breathe in the near future, something we were not going to put her through just so we could have her gorgeous company. I am so angry that she was suffering and so angry that her only way out of any suffering was to go to sleep forever. The photo of Yuki above is the last photo I took of her, while we were waiting for the vet. We cuddled and told her how beautiful she was while they injected her with this awful green life taking liquid and she went quickly and peacefully. She was such a beautiful creature who we had fallen head over heels in love with. I am totally devastated.