Dennis Lyxzen



So while everyone was doing something sensible like staying inside with some AC on Sunday, I was losing kilo's sweating it out at the Melbourne Big Day Out. Even standing still made you feel hot and bothered, thankfully Jays was a major sponsor so at least we had some VIP action which meant our own bar and nice toilets and some SHADE from the 40 degree heat. Spending the day with my crazy chicas (see picture..so much love for these girls..and alot of others sadly not in this shot with me looking slightly mental) was awesome and I soon found myself behaving like a teenager and heading off to the Boiler Room for a bit of Bloody Beetroots intensity. Seeing as I don't pay attention to much these days... I had missed the memo that Denniz Lyxzen from Refused was doing shows with them. So needless to say I nearly pissed myself when I heard the intro to New Noise being sampled and then had to pick my jaw up off the floor when his Godly self appeared right before me. He was amazing, they were AMAZING... I always thought Dennis was the probably the most awesome person on the planet, and after seeing this set, I now know it's true. xxx